Visionary thought leaders and strategic advisors.
Canada’s most widely experienced professionals in the emerging field of strategic foresight.
We enable you to explore, make reliable sense of and respond strategically to the turmoil of change – economic, technological, geopolitical, environmental, psychological, moral, and personal.
We are a unique futures research-based group with a sound grasp of the evolution we are in – from a Modern/Industrial economy and society into a truly new and co-creative form of civilization.
With our world-wide network of Fellows, colleagues and organizations, we are earning a reputation as pioneers of the next generation of futures research and strategic foresight.
We envision and co-create deeply desirable 21st Century futures.
We prepare you to see and respond to the threats and opportunities of unfamiliar futures – futures that, if unseen and unanticipated, will blind-side and run over you.
Strategic Foresight provides a coherent context for Strategic Planning just as Strategic Planning provides a coherent context for Operational Planning.
The personal, group and societal capacities and culture that enable us to make and live by wise strategic commitments in the present – commitments that are sound and context-sensitive enough to survive context change and actually contribute to the co-creation of a more deeply desirable future.
Why Work with Us?
- We are Canada’s most widely experienced coaches, teachers and practitioners of futures research and strategic foresight.
- You will learn more about seeing, thinking through and shaping your most deeply desired future by working with us than you will with others.
- We are research-based.
- We understand that serious engagement is necessary for deep learning; that deep learning is required to make lasting differences.
- You will learn it deeply enough to make lasting differences.
- We are a group to whom other foresight professionals turn to for advice.
- We are intellectually reliable, psychologically safe, personally challenging and globally connected.
- We bring a Canadian sensibility to strategic foresight and the work of consciously co-creating deeply desirable futures
If you care about these things, you will want to talk with us.
We draw from suite of 50 futures and foresight methods. We have developed Causal Layered Synthesis and Strategic Background Conditions, two of the new methods that define the new generation of strategic foresight. We use them in participatory ways to stretch your imagination, heart and mind. The new perspectives you develop and digest will enable you to envision, think through and co-create a more deeply satisfying future that is truly fit for the 21st Century.
We warn you – strategic foresight is challenging work. But then, surviving in a time of cultural crisis, confusion and transformation has never been easy. If this challenge appeals to you, you will want to talk with us.
We work with organizations of all sizes and in every sector of society and the economy. We are equally comfortable in Boardrooms, C Suites, classrooms and church basements.
Our clients have two common characteristics.
First, they are more openly worried about the future of their world, their communities, their industry and their organization than is common. With us, it is OK to feel, express and act on such concerns.
Second, they are willing to explore their responsibility for our common future; to not hide behind the legal limits of their organization.
We have three divisions.
- Services: As practitioners, we are a full-service strategic foresight organization; a new constellation of Canada’s most able futures researchers and strategic foresight professionals. We teach, coach, nurture and encourage strategic foresight and its embodiment in both institutions and persons. We also design and manage a wide range of strategic, futures-oriented projects. We are a group to whom other foresight professionals turn to for advice.
- Network: As colleagues, we are servant leaders of the Canadian and global futures and foresight community. Foresight professionals and users of foresight in Canada are knit together in a Canadian foresight network. To increase the quality of foresight work in Canada, we offer public and in-house foresight training workshops and an occasional International Conference on Strategic Foresight.
- Research: As futures researchers, we offer a wide variety of skills. Because it is the background to every possible future, our major focus is on long-term cultural and civilizational change, evolution and transformation. We are recognized as thought leaders in this crucial work. As such, we seek to develop reliable understandings of the many dimensions, drivers, dynamics, depths and implications of long-term societal and global shifts of our time. Our development of the next generation of strategic foresight methods – foresight 2.0. – is driven by our deep desire to make reliable sense of our past, our present and the full range of our possible futures.
David Harries, Associate Executive Director, Kingston, Ontario.
Dave Chapman, Associate Executive Director, Canmore, Alberta.
We are privileged to have some truly remarkable professionals as Foresight Canada Fellows. Persons we call upon for advice and engage in our work.
- Felicity Edwards, Principle, CSE Group, Canmore, Alberta, Canada.
- Bob Horn, Senior Researcher, Stanford University, President, MacroVU, San Francisco, California, USA.
- Marc Luyckx Ghisi, Fellow, World Academy Art and Science, Brussels, Belgium
- Sharon Matthias, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- Maureen O’Hara, President, IFF USA, San Diego, California, USA.
- Foresight Canada’s head office: Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Founded 2002. Incorporated 2006, as a Not-for-Profit Canadian corporation.
- Industry Canada # 438905-1. CRA GST # 82753 5923 RT0001.
- Click Foresight Canada — Profile, August, 2015 for a one page Company Profile in PDF format.
- For charitable purposes we work with the Transformation Research Network (TRN) – a registered Canadian Charity. TRN issues receipts for Canadian tax purposes for donations made to support our research project and educational efforts.
- TRN’s head office: Calgary, Alberta Canada
- Founded January 1, 1982
- Industry Canada # 125472-3. CRA Registration # 119268480 RR0001